Monday, March 12, 2012

Short & Repeat


I’m So Very, Very Clever Aren’t I?

The poems I write are sad,
So sad and whiney.
It’s because I am sad and I have time.
And no one has stopped me.
No one has yelled at me and said
“EXCUSE ME SIR! BUT YOUR POEMS ARE TERRIBLY DREADFUL.”
How so?
“PATHETIC I MEAN, IT’S A PITY PARTY FOR THREE.”
Me, myself and-
“I, YES NOW YOU SEE. I CAN INSULT YOUR POETRY
BECAUSE I AM YOU AND YOU ARE ME.”
I see,
And the easiest criticisms to swallow are mine
So stop me,
Goddamnit someone stop me,
Stop me,
Stop me,
And promises, of mine even easier to break.
And I’m off track.
And repeating like a broken
Like a broken-
Cliché.
And even saying clichés are cliché is cliché.



I have a few words to say about this album and fun.'s recent booming success... but for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment